Friday 5 June 2015

Mixed Media Angel !!

Good morning everyone Tracy here with today's post for 'The Sprinkle of Imagination' design team ......

I've been practicing my drawing skills for a while now and when I started out I desperately wanted to be able to sketch and paint an angel in my art journal, like so many of the beautiful pages I'd seen on the web and popping up in my facebook newsfeed !!!!

Well I practiced practiced and practiced some more until I felt that I could finally attempt one in my journal. 

I started out this page using a mix of golden acrylic paints in diarylide yellow and yellow ocre as well as Dina Wakley's umber for the background, I added the large stencil words to my spread using Finnabair's matte gel and then highlighted the words by rubbing over with Dina's Umber acrylic.......

 
I then started to sketch in my angel and block out with Dina's white gesso to give me a good base to work on, the facial shadows were painted with golden acrylic paints in titan buff and yellow ocre and then the details were added with coloured pencils......


Her beautiful pink hair was painted with Dina's magenta mixed with white and the edge of her wings were painted gold with Rangers Gold paint dabber.....


I finished my page with gold highlights......well every angel should shimmer.....shouldn't she ??

Thank you for stopping by, I am over the moon with my angel and am looking forward to creating many more

Bright and painty hugs
Tracy
Xxx

1 comment: