Sunday 13 September 2015

Another fabulous day !!!

Morning lovely ones !!

I'm sitting here with cup of tea in hand getting myself ready for another day of teaching in the North of England...

I had the absolute privilege yesterday to host a canvas workshop at 'Art from the Heart' 

A truly lovely bunch of talented ladies and of course the gorgeous Ella came to join me for the day in the studio where we created a 16x16 wall hanging canvas. 

My original canvas advertised for the class was this 'beauty' (even if I do say so myself !!!)......


We had a brilliant morning creating our backgrounds for our canvasses, lots of painty fun using various stamps, stencils and of course plenty of finger painting.......

This was my finished background for yesterday's canvas, loads of fun just playing !!!!!!


And this was my finished piece, I love how it turned out. 


And of course let's not forget those talented artists that were there yesterday....they created some pretty awesome canvases, I love to encorouge people to go with there own ideas and not just copy my sample and these girls definately went with the flow.....and not forgetting 'speedy' Mel who worked so fast that she got a 2nd awesome canvas finished whilst the rest of us were still titivating !!!!


These ladies made my 'job' so easy and I want to thank them for a truly amazing day, I'm looking forward to seeing what today's class creates !!

Bright and painty hugs
Tracy
X



9 comments:

  1. Stunning canvases from you and from the participants - looks like it was an amazing class. Have fun today.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful artwork--love them all! can you suggest a white pen that actually works??? i have about 5 different ones and they just don't work. thanks, Jo Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use a mix of the White uniball signo and the White Posca and white oil based sharpie x

      Delete
  3. What beautiful artwork--love them all! can you suggest a white pen that actually works??? i have about 5 different ones and they just don't work. thanks, Jo Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. S o gogeous! I have found the white uniball signo works best with light pressure. I need to find the oil based white sharpie. Do you water down your acrylics to make them more translucent? I like to layer but find my layers so opaque, only I know there's another layer underneath :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just slightly watered down acrylics if I want to be able to see what's underneath. Sometimes all you need is a wet brush and that's enough to make it translucent xx

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous work. Do you have you tube videos that demonstrate finished your backgrounds?

    ReplyDelete
  6. YouTube channel is Tracy Scott. I will be posting lots more in the next few weeks X

    ReplyDelete