Saturday 4 April 2015

Dina's Art Journal Courage !!

I recently purchased Dina Wakley's new book Art Journal Courage and have been saving it to take on my holidays (the temptation to have a sneak peak has been huge but I have resisted....yay me for self control lol !!!!)

Anyway........the book is full of ideas to get you art journalling and dispelling all those common myths....

I can't paint, I can't draw, I can't write, I don't like my handwriting etc !!!

With fabulous step by step guides it really does open up endless possibilities.

So I decided to take the bull by the horns and get to work, however being on my holidays and having only brought 3 tubes of acrylic paints with me I had to start improvising right from the start and get out my watercolours ( using my art journal courage right ??)


Used my only 3 tubes of acrylics for the background on this one and then used the stabilo 'magic' pencil to sketch and shade the face, not my usual bright colour pallet but I love the dark slightly moody feel to the finished page !!!


Another one of Dina's lessons again I substituted the acrylics for watercolours, I really like how this one turned out and I used my neocolours to emphasise the colours...

Great lessons and the fact that I tackled the projects without the 'correct' materials proves Dina's point ......

Once you grab hold of that 'Art Journal Courage' nothing is impossible

Go and grab your courage and create happy art !!!!!

Bright and painty hugs
Tracy
X

No comments:

Post a Comment